Tuesday, September 29, 2009

charity worker cartoons, charity worker cartoon, charity worker picture, charity worker pictures, charity worker image, charity worker images, charity worker illustration, charity worker illustrations
Funny! Is it ironic I was once a 'rattler'?

Allow me to toot my own horn. It doesn't happen often. ;) okay, ever.

Wow. I've been going through some of my old posts to read what I wrote, and I am surprised at some of the things I think about and have done. I've kept a journal before, but I have to say that my thoughts run free in a whole new way with the ease of typing on a keyboard.

I am most surprised with all I have accomplished. I look like a jack of all trades with the lists I have compiled here. Some of my achievements even give the idea that I am distinguished and classy. Very nice.

I wonder if it is too late to add that I can play the piano and clarinet very well? That I know how to play the trombone poorly and have played the flute, trumpet, bass clarinet, saxophone, and tuba at least a few times in my life. Of course these last ones have been forgotten except how to make the instrument work. I can make noise! Just not very good noise....

Or that I have volunteered at over nine hundred charities in my lifetime and still send in money to several outside of the church I give ten percent to every week. Mobility is the only thing stopping me from running marathons and giving charity hockey events (and yes I have played hockey before; street hockey, but we didn't have much ice in Arizona).

Even now I look at this stuff and think I'm cooler than I really am. I live, love, and care like the rest of the world. I'm no different, sometimes less than cool I think. I know I always want to do more, or should do more. It makes me sad to admit that my life is busier and I don't have the time I did before I got married. How selfish am I?

Look at me, I start writing a blog about how cool I am and I end up still thinking I'm dirt.

I have my moments, as does everyone else. Maybe I could step them up a little. I'm no Mother Teresa, but I have great respect for those that give their lives as she did. But I know I will never be one of them. I have accepted this... okay well maybe not if I'm still grouchy!

Life has to be taken one day at a time. I think I've forgotten that.

At least I have my writing! Oy! How selfish do I sound doing something only for me now?!

This is a comment seeking blog. Post how you wish you did more. Or if you are awesome, let me know. I need ideas... maybe I'll take them and do them... maybe I'll keep writing this blog.

Hehe. The latter is very provocative! Guess 'll be here for a while!

...............

1 comment:

  1. in eachstage of our life we change - when young are we not selfish and the world revolves around us?

    as we mature do we not reach out and love and serve others (husband, children, employment, church, community, etc).

    as we age and life allows, are there not volunteer opportunities that we sometimes become busier than we were when we were employed and raising a family?

    i think we all pass through different stages at different times in our lives. some pass through faster than others, some linger in a stage for a wee bit longer than is healthy. lol and some pass through more stages than others.

    in different stages i have done and felt differently about myself then i do at this stage of my life. i have tried more, made more mistakes, failed more, and loathed myself in the past.

    but the past is past and now i am in a different stage, a place of challenge yet i am big enough and strong enough to handle it. a place of much reward and joy, yet lacking in alone time and 'couple' time. but if i focus on the beauty and the right stuff it is a wonderful stage to be in. if i wallow on the negative, it is a despairing stage to be in. always count your blessings.

    do we not often lose ourselves as we can't wait for tomorrow, or we look back on yesterday and wish if only.....

    my son told me yesterday was the first day of the rest of his life. he feels like the sun came out and he has a new hope for a new direction. i hope this means he is passing from the selfish stage to a healthier 'i can do it' stage.

    i will not list my accomplishments or my failures, they are all recorded in my life book that the angels keep.

    my goal is to always strive to be better today than i was yesterday. i teach it to my children, reach for the stars but take pleasure in the journey and if you don't reach the stars celebrate what you do reach.

    remember, we are all human, we have insecurities, no one should be any better than any one else, treat others as your equal not your superior or second class and you will feel on equal ground with every one and will not feel as though you are a second class human being.

    you can tell this is a hot button with me, i have fought long and hard to overcome my own insecurities and i fight long and hard to help my children over come theirs without them becoming a selfish heartless person.

    keep thinking and analyzing.

    ReplyDelete