Tuesday, September 15, 2009



I did not write this, but thought it was worthy of being shared. From facebook friend, (Thanks Amy) she posted:

New Pledge of Allegiance (TOTALLY AWESOME!)

Since the Pledge of Allegiance & The Lords Prayer Are not allowed in Schools anymore Because the word 'God' is mentioned... A Kid in Ohio wrote the attached:NEW School prayer:

Now I sit me down in school

Where praying is against the rule.
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd. ... Read More
If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
For praying in a public hall... Read More
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible....
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong.
We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,...
No word of God must reach this crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen
If you aren't ashamed to do this,
Please pass this on....
Jesus said,
'If you are ashamed of me,
I will be ashamed of you before my Father.'


WOW. And I got yelled at the other day for letting my child pray in a public restaurant! At least the poor kid wasn't shooting anybody!
I think it is very sad that our forefathers', the people who fought for this country's freedom, were fighting mainly so that they may worship How, Where, and What they may. The whole reason was because they wanted freedom from the oppression of England's church at the time. They wanted a land where they could worship differently, freely. And now our right to worship however and wherever we want(remember, the reason they fought and many died) is being stripped away as they chase away our blood sacrificed-earned right to do so. And they claim it is in the name of unfair justice for our merely practicing our beliefs around them.

Turn around! Don't make us leave, or worse, forsake our beliefs. We (Christians) were in this land first! THAT WAS WHY WE CAME HERE! And we fought this battle already! Why must we fight it AGAIN?!

Remember, we are not the ones causing the problems (usually; there are a few, as in every group). The man who cheats on his wife only gets the divorce he wanted and his new honey. Why is prayer so offensive?


Adultery is okay, but praying to better yourself and those around you is not? Hmmm. Sad sad world. I cringe to think what our forefathers would say. I know what I say; people need to get over themselves if they are offended. The prayer wasn't to them. It was to a better being.


When did freedom of speech limit itself to all things vulgar and not the sweetness of a humble prayer?

What are your thoughts?

Also I got this in my Emailbox(it ties in nicely):

The following was written by Ben Stein and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary.

My confession:

I am a Jew, and every single one of my ancestors was Jewish. And it does not bother me even a little bit when people call those beautiful lit up, bejeweled trees, Christmas trees. I don't feel threatened. I don't feel discriminated against. That's what they are, Christmas trees.

It doesn't bother me a bit when people say, 'Merry Christmas' to me. ?I don't think they are slighting me or getting ready to put me in a ghetto. In fact, I kind of like it. It shows that we are all brothers and sisters celebrating this happy time of year. It doesn't bother me at all that there is a manger scene on display at a key intersection near my beach house in Malibu . If people want a creche, it's just as fine with me as is the Menorah a few hundred yards away.

I don't like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from, that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in the Constitution and I don't like it being shoved down my throat.

Or maybe I can put it another way: where did the idea come from that we should worship celebrities and we aren't allowed to worship God as we understand Him I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old, too. But there are a lot of us who are wondering where these celebrities came from and where the America we knew went to.

In light of the many jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke; it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking.

Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her 'How could God let something like this happen' (regarding Hurricane Katrina). Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said, 'I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?'

In light of recent events... terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found a few years ago) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK. Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. The Bible says thou shalt not kill; thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.

Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave, because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). ?We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said okay.


Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.

Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with 'WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.'

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says. Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing. Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.
Are you laughing yet?

Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it.


Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.


Pass it on if you think it has merit.

If not, then just discard it... no one will know you did. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in.

My Best Regards, Honestly and respectfully.


Huh. More of this is getting around. I concur heartily. Of course.


.......



3 comments:

  1. I like that pome it explains a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time has come for the majority to stand up and tell the minority that we are not going to "take it any more". Enough is enough. We have a voice, we do need to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do. I heartily concur Lisa. I hope the few of us can get the rest to speak up. We need to stand together; United.

    ReplyDelete