Saturday, September 26, 2009

http://www.treehugger.com/2008/03/23-week/
Books and books and more wonderful books!

I finished my second book in the Jewel saga!

I am so happy I am ready to burst! It took me a little less time to nail down than the first, and is much shorter as result, but I believe it will be just as fun now that Julia and Joshua's relationship is determined. Now all the fun adventure starts! And battles! And powers will swell! Hehe I digress. The book is finished!

Next I have the editing to look forward to. This is where I read the full book from start to finish and make sure each scene melts into the next one peacefully without leaving anyone scratching their heads. Of course there are cliff hangers, but that is entirely different! They add fun scratching!

Editing is fun because I get to plunge into the world I created and see it from an outsider's view. Indeed I will put the book away for a few weeks and dive into my young adult one with the frogs before I come back to it. That way when I open the file that contains the full book, I have fresh eyes and can really see it objectively. Scenes that I had in my head and were cut out are now gone(saved in another drive if I decide in editing that I really liked them after all), and I can see how the finished book really is without all the distractions that clouded my brain before. It is now new and exciting as it goes to places I don't expect after being away for so long.

And yes, a few weeks on another project really can wipe so much of that world out of my head. I switch from elves to frogs. Quite a jump between characters and ages and likes and dislikes. When Jewels is introduced again I will watch her go through her experiences with only a vague overall of what happens. I rewind to the beginning again with her and see what she sees almost for the first time. It is enthralling to relive it as it should be lived; from the reader's viewpoint!

I have said I love to read. I love to read I love to read I love to read!

Oh, but it is so much more than that! I love to experience, and see the world visually, and feel what the words in front of me want me to feel!

And here I have to say that I hated being made to feel some of the things in the Eragon books.

But most of what I read is wonderful! Fantasy and happiness by the end; it is no wonder I don't want the poor things to end! I was having too much fun celebrating with the characters once the crisis was finally out of the way!

And in all fairness, I think I need more celebrating in the end of book two. Perhaps a longer ending will be better. But I will not fix it, won't even touch it, for a few weeks! I want it to be perfect! I know that if I spend enough time away, my subconscious will fix everything for me and I will have another masterpiece on my hands! Ahhhh! Sweet success in a wonder-filled world of perfection and cohesively meshing chapters! Sigh and big tingly grin!

I love everything about being a writer! Well, with the big exception of the tedious queries I have to send out to complete strangers. Yeah not so much fun.

But if I could see their faces after they read my book and when they find it as exciting as I do, then it would all be worth it! I revel to think that more people can enjoy the worlds I create! How many would love to buy my book because it was what they were looking for! I wonder!

My dream halfway to reality I continue with every idea that pops into my head in hopes of making that dream the reality I see before me. It is tangible. It will be within my hands quite soon, I believe. I believe this with all my dreaming heart. I have never wanted anything for myself (besides the CK for me and my family for those of you who know me) more than I want this. Truly my religious beliefs come first, but if "Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they may have joy in this life and in the life to come", then I have to believe that my Heavenly Father wants me to be happy too.

And I know this goes without saying, but being a published author and sharing my worlds with everyone who loves the good written word would make me VERY happy!

'And the bank account' adds hubby over my shoulder. Heehee, Yes dear.

He is very patient with me when my fingers start clicking this fast. He knows my passion for writing runs very deep within me. He saw it when I had forgotten, and I deeply thank him for that.

I hope to get my books out there so you may all read what is close to my heart. I do think that many of you would fall in love with these characters too. Only time will tell! And a long series of fortunate events!

Until that time! Adeiu! I will be on here blogging in the meantime. Again, it is writing, how could I resist?!

..........

3 comments:

  1. Hey new friend! Just wanted to say hello. I am looking forward to reading about your journey. Maybe that will push me a little more to get my writing published or to, er, finish some of the pieces I've put on hold! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your books... what a major accomplishment! I have always wanted to write a book, and some constantly remind me that I should, but just haven't quite found that confidence to do so yet. I hope to follow in your footsteps one day... keep up the awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I love new friends, it's good to see you here!

    Book writing has been a passion for me. I love it! If you love it, you should too!

    I hope to see you on other posts as well!

    ReplyDelete