Monday, September 28, 2009

Do you ever have those words that are just on the tip of your tongue that they really should burn it? You can recite the definition for this word, and you could use it in a sentence, indeed the sentence is formed and a space is made, ready to insert it as soon as your stumbling brain stops for a second to grasp the tottering word before it gets lost?

Well I am feeling that right now. What is the question that no one wants answered called? You ask, but you aren't asking for an answer, you are simply putting it out there into the void that we call thought. Honestly, i have used this word for this thousands of times and now I am drawing a blank.

"Question," says person one.
"Answer," says person two.
Person one gives glare. "That was a .... question, you dork."

What? Not supposed to be answered, I know, but what is the word!?! Ugh! This is driving me crazy.

WAIT!!! Hypothetical?

Is that it? A hypothetical question? Honestly I have been spinning for so long I am too dizzy to really believe I finally have it.

Time will tell. I think I need a break now....

Yes. Definitely bedtime. Goodnight crazy book until I can think a little better.

...........

4 comments:

  1. This has happen to me plenty of times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand what you're saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhetorical is the word you were looking for...provided i spelled it right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. RHETORICAL!!! Can you be-lieve it's been... FOUR days!!! How did I miss that?!!! OY! Thanks Okeypay! LIFESAVER! This has to be my first writer's block ever!

    lol I do not look forward to the others!

    ReplyDelete