Wednesday, September 16, 2009


The name of my book is Jewel Discovered. The novel is roughly 190k words and sits in a book of 731 pages. Though a tad long, it will suck you in and keep your attention so well, you will still be sad for the tale to end.

I finally got a blurb! Enjoy!

For the first time in her life, Julia has fallen in love. And for the life of her she doesn't understand why that is wrong.

Among the frigid waters of Alaska, Julia and her cousin Carey sail in the frightening storm that is not showing up on anybody's weather radar. With classes to distract them on the large liner, however, they learn that the most interesting things are happening inside the ship. Like the hibernating royals in suite 623. Hiding in their room for the last four years, no one has really seen them.

That is until they make it to their first feast in the dining hall. The gossip that had been at a lull for years, comes out in full force when the crew and guests find out that the reason they ventured out of their preferred solitude is to meet the orphaned contest winners. Julia is special, they believe, and they are going to make sure she stays that way; despite her own dislike over the five-hundred year old moldy prophecy about her. She thinks her love should be chosen personally, not picked out and demanded of by these strange beings; whatever their noble intentions to save their people. But even with her newly found gifts, Jewels wonders if she can thwart the unwanted fate thrust upon her.

Not bad, huh! Let's hope this next agent thinks so! Off I go to send it off!

.................

4 comments:

  1. I would read it. It would be interesting to see what perspective you would write about regarding her innocence and which common misunderstandings you can twist into such an uncommon circumstance. I also wonder if you went for a happy ending, or a more realistic, open ending. When do I get to buy it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a curious nature and I love books. Love to read, love to travel in my books and make new friends. I would read this book just because your blurb has peaked my curiosity and now I have questions and your book has answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blurb makes so much more sence than the other I read...grabs the reader, and holds their attention. I pray that you finally find the perfect agent for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe! I have several of these blurbs now!

    It is funny how after months of stressing about shortening the plot, I finally have more ways than one to pitch it. Maybe another post will be the many ways I can spin it!

    Hmmm... I should let you all choose which one is best. See what you think would draw in more readers... Hmmm. Would you be up for that?

    ReplyDelete