Friday, September 18, 2009

Well... that's not good.

Writer's police!!! You did something wrong, so you are being rejected before I even know what the story is about!

I just found out that flashbacks in the beginning of a story are 'redflags' in the agent/publishing industry. Taboo things that when found earn an immediate no from whomever you are querying. Well there goes that chapter! The beginning of the book no less!

So I have to assume(okay, prefer to presume) that anyone who got to read those first ten-fifty pages saw it and skipped on it because of that.

Oops!

Okay, so now I get to redirect the whole beginning and find a way to tell the back story by inserting tidbits through out the immediate action. I guess it wasn't needed, but it was fun to write about. I am sad to see it go, but I have hope that this will tighten the beginning and draw the reader in quicker.

Here I go. (This will take a while....)

............................

No comments:

Post a Comment