Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Soooo COOL!!!


My favorite Halloween poem was given to my children by my sister. It is about five little pumpkins sitting on a gate. You all know it. If you don't, may I suggest you stop by Barnes and Nobles and read Five Little Pumpkins Sitting On A Gate. It is a simple poem and really gets you in the spirit for spooking people with an innocent air.


It seems weird to me that I don't like April fools, but I heartily participate in jumping around corners this time of year to catch a love one unaware. It is so much fun to watch them giggle at me and try to reciprocate the love-given token only minutes later. Adorable!


Of course I'm not a vampire, werewolf, witch or wizard that is lurking to put evil spells on them. It's just a fun scare. Nothing sinister is allowed within my walls. I like the happier, lighter side of Halloween. I don't appreciate or condone any thing less happy than a smiling Jack-o-lantern. The skulls at the top of this page are a little too much for me. I don't like gruesomely displayed body parts. That takes all the fun away for me. Body parts are not scary for me, just sad. I'm always thinking that if I was a doctor I could sew the poor fool who is laid precariously all over the place back together before the heart finally faltered or something. My inner Frankenstein wants to practice with lightening to see if I can save the decapitated zombie. So not scary, just unfortunate.


Haunted houses are fabulous. If they were cuter I think I would like them better, but the jumping out with a hearty "BOO" is the best part. Oh, and the dry ice. I love dry ice! Just don't corner me with blood all over your face and a real-albeit unplugged-chainsaw in your hands in the last chamber and try to ask me out. That was scarier than I EVER wanted! Thank you Kristilyn for saving me!


So I like the cute side. Maybe I'm too old, or too weird, but blood isn't scary so much as something to make me want to rush you to the hospital. I don't think the blood or the body part can really "get' me. Nor do I get them.


Can't we all sing around a campfire with the pretty sheets we stole and dance like the pixies meant us to?


hehehehe. I digress. i do love this holiday... as long as it's kept clean. That means the eggs, too. It's my birthday for goodness sake. Don't destroy my house on my special day or you're going to get the same in April... or June or whenever. It won't make sense, but you deserve it for being so cruel to me on mine.


The only comstume I own is Tigger. If I could I would also have a homemade princess one, but all this only goes to prove I like the lighter side.


BOO!!!


Did you jump? ;P hehehehe. Thanks for letting me scare you!


....................

2 comments:

  1. I too like the lighter side of Halloween. I don't like the gruesome, bloody, scare you into a heart attack kind of thrills.

    My kids were always enchantresses (not witches) and wizards or hobos (not bloody Dracula). Cute stuff.

    One year for a company Halloween party, our department did a funeral theme. We had a head stone, a grieving spouse, the grim reaper, the ghost of the deceased, the deceased in the coffin, mourners, stuff like that. Not gruesome, it even won.

    Fun happy stuff is what Halloween is to me. In fact I currently have my nails painted black with jack-o-lanterns on four of them. Your mom has orange with spider webs and a couple of spiders on hers. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the nails! SO Halloween glam! lol That is fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete