Wednesday, October 7, 2009


Gratefulness starts with the heart that sees the miracles.
I won't stop looking for them.

Just when everything falls apart and the world appears to crash and burn around me, everything seems to be sown together again. I am always impressed when Heavenly Father responds immediately to requests. It is not nice of me to be happy when He does answer quickly, but I am. And very grateful.

Today help came in the form of friends, family, and even kind strangers. God's love truly came in so many forms I was praying prayers of gratitude several times in just a few hours to let him know how thankful I was.

My family is still waiting for the good news from a company in Texas that we are hoping to employ hubby. The company is sifting through many possible candidates and it takes months to fill positions in his line of work, but we have been reassured each week that he is still in the running and at the top of the list. It doesn't help to remember that on average it takes a month for each ten thousand you earn a year to be hired. That means that we still have quite a few to go.

Hopefully we will have news before the holidays, but not if the statistics prove accurate for us. The prayer for quick action here has gone unanswered for a very long time now. Speed will not be the case here.

But we are being taken care of. Efforts to keep food on the table have been rewarded and our bills are miraculously being paid. I am pretty sure that even though we made no money for a whole week this month and are drastically behind right now that by the time each bill comes we will have been blessed with exactly what we need to survive. Heavenly Father hasn't let us down yet. the miracles haven't stopped for short term help.

Yet the prayers for the job and long term help are still on hold it seems.

But we can't complain too much. The scary day yesterday was has been reversed completely today with all the good news today brought. Still want the high paying job, but we are surviving. And that means everything to me. I see His wonderful works all around me and it makes me happy to be a Christian so that I know whom to thank.

And I thank Him and all his wonderful servants with all my heart; in all their many forms and shapes and ways.

Thank you, brothers and sisters of the being who created us. Thank you God for them and your wonderful ways. I won't lose faith. Even if I do get scared sometimes, I know you are always watching and loving me. Thank you.

And thank those of you reading this that have helped my family. You know who you are.

My eyes are open and the miracles won't be forgotten.

....................

2 comments:

  1. I keep hearing that the key to happiness is an attitude of gratitude.

    This is a very hard lesson to learn for a person who falls into depression all the time. One of our sons just can not see the blessings in his life. While the other son is so much joy and happiness that "he" is a blessing in "our" lives.

    It's good to see that you can find joy in your hard times. That you can count your blessings and not loose hope for the future.

    Continue to put God first and everything else will fall into place.

    Since we moved from California over 11 years ago, we did the math and discovered we had only been fully employed during 4 of those years. The rest of the time we were unemployed, living on school loans, holding down part time jobs and being foster parents.

    Some how we got by, were blessed and life goes on.

    ReplyDelete