Monday, December 21, 2009

I don't want to be the rockstar. I don't want to be the adoring fans, I don't want to be the paparazzi posting their scandals on the front page.

I have been blessed with a life to live. I am so glad I get to choose how to spend it. I see people in the limelight, in the after light, and in the dark. None of those look like fun.

Adventure lies out there, but if you are too concerned about what the people around you think, or are doing, life will pass you by. So many things to focus on I would hate to miss what was important because I was trying to be what I thought everyone wanted me to be.

I figured this out in high school. I was a little dense before then.

Once I embraced who I was I really found myself. People are very often drawn to me. Some will never let go. I will forever be their life preserver in this dreary world, and have been told this many times over. I wish I could wave a magic wand for everybody, but will do what I can with the pixie dust to keep them all afloat.

I am a little exuberant with people and very open with my feelings. It is who I am. I am a dreamer and have high goals and lots of wishes. I know I will attain a few of these in my life and work to make them real. Not many people I know even care about the future and it is sad that many have stopped dreaming.

I would hate that. To have no excitement or hope in my future seems unbearable and unlivable. No wonder they are unhappy.

I think of myself as a happy person. Whether it is because too many around me are unhappy, or because I have a warped view of the world, I am not complaining. I like life and all the possibilities it offers.

And there are always endless possibilities for those who seek them.

....................

No comments:

Post a Comment