Friday, December 4, 2009

Day four:
Religious views make up for what 93% of the world believe.


Most prefer to think we're in God's magestic hands.
That he'll 'save us' in the end.

The last theory that the world is going to end soon is merely prophetic heresay in religious texts. I say heresay lightly, because many of you believe this one too. I mean no offense, but it was interesting to hear your opinions. ;)

Whether you believe in Christianity, Islamic, or Jewish eschatology, or Greek mythology, Hinduism, or a mixture of theology and philosophy, mysticism, or various Orient cultures, or simply science as your 'religion', you believe that the world will end.

People have been prophesying this fact for as long as man has inhabited the free thinking world. It is a part of our nature to think that there is an end to all things, and thus an end to the very life that we see around us. I believe that there is an end.

I do not believe, however that it is going to be on man's calendar- ancient or otherwise. Most of you know that I am Christian. I believe God will 'roll the earth's scrolls' together in His own due time. I also believe that being prepared isn't all that bad. Again I refer to my year supply and the job that was lost a few years back. It was nice to be able to eat.

As to that apocalyptic end everyone is talking about? Well if it's going to end, there's not going to be anywhere to hide people! Hello! THE END!!!??? Seriously, that has me wondering.

Christianity-now I refer to this because I am... did you not read the above?!?

Some Christians believes that there will be a big catastrophe when a lot of people will die. They believe that many will still be here though, too. Those lucky enough to see Christ again will automatically see him as the supreme ruler and be automatically converted and there will me 1000 years of peace.

Other Christians believe that all the good will be saved and brought home while the wicked below will suffer immense torture according to God's anger-filled wills and pleasures.

Some Christians believe a little of both.

I honestly don't know the details as Revelations is hard to follow in the code Peter wrote it in. I think I know a little... but again, all of it is what I ask God it is, and He isn't giving me all the details right now. ;)

Religion is secular and partial to what the individual believes. But it looks like both the religious and spiritual and astrological sides are saying that something is written in the stars that will be... well something to look forward to. Now whether that is in joy or fear, I believe it is up to us personally.

I think that when God saves those that have lived 'good' lives, 'saved' won't always mean that we'll still be on this earth. Perhaps to be saved, we will die and go straight to that paradise he has preserved for us rather than feel his wrath personally.

In the meantime...

Who wants in on that 'buy a private island and install an underground crush-proof-lava-proof bunker' idea of mine? Anyone? Anyone at all? I'm currently taking offers... All it takes is everything you own and every last dime in your bank.

I see a few of you contemplating. You can get back to me. ;)

This is the last of the series folks. I'd appreciate your comments before all technology becomes useless please.

All joking aside, the food in the pantry was a nice thing to have... if you didn't catch that; I think everyoine should have one. ;)

...............

No comments:

Post a Comment