Thursday, November 12, 2009

snowflake_

Perfection


It amazes me how complex the world is. Something seemingly simple turns out to be the most complex and intricate thing. The world is full of experiences as diverse as each precious snowflake. Each unique in voice, but delicate in detail. I love it.

I never thought that getting a book published would involve so many people. I have had a handful of English lit majors tear it apart for me for grammatical errors. Now I am handing it off for story discrepancies. I am very excited to see how it will turn out when we're done. This is truly a part of being a writer that I like; unlike the dreaded query process.

I'm worried that throughout the process to get to where it really stands alone, the people helping me will lose interest along the way. Of course, a truly good book should last through that process... Right?

For now I'm just trying to have a lot of fun. Things get pointed out that I had edited and changed so many times that they no longer fit together cohesively (word of the week btw), and its a fun trip around the amusement park as I try to make the scene flow as well on paper as it did in my thoughts.

I am not going to change everything they ask of me. My book has a voice I don't want lost. But I also want to succeed and sometimes that doesn't happen alone. Like I've been saying in some of my previous posts: People need people. That is the wonderful thing about life and the strange nuances that come up. Each person is a snowflake; unique in their talent as the points on each precious crystal. I like how these points show a different direction at every advance. I like the many avenues my story can take.

I'm very grateful for my people. I truly have been blessed. Somehow, some way, someone-indeed many someones- is/are looking out for me. I love you all very much. Remember that. New followers or old, editors or story fixers, you are helping me very very much. Thank you.

I truly love being a writer. It is one of the many life's songs that call to me, and I hear it crystal clear. There is a song in my writing. I simply have to find it. Just like the varied points on that snowflake up there, there are lots of ways to see this story. I am looking for the one that sings perfectly.

It's a good thing there are so many different ways it can do that.

.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment