Thursday, November 5, 2009

Teaser for:


Jewel discovered

Seventeen-year-old Julia is a nonhuman. She just doesn't know it yet.

For the first time in their lives, Julia and her cousin finally seem to be having some good luck and embark immediately on a free cruise. Julia, on a never-ending quest to cater to her cousin's happiness, has no problem trying to make this the best experience Carey's ever had and easily encourages her to enroll in all the ship's pampering spas listed in the cruise ship's pamphlets. Julia, not a fan of such things, takes the time to satiate her desire to explore the vast ship.

While on her own in the ship's inner bowels, Julia meets someone that is a little more intense than she wanted in her preferred solitude. This chance acquaintance ends up changing her in ways she never imagined and she finds herself suddenly thrust into a world she never knew existed before -a world that has apparently been waiting for her for a very long time. Not ever having a lesson in propriety Julia decides her heart is more important than the whims of a moldy old prophecy. But she's going to find that convincing the object of her desire, who is a little more deeply rooted against her than she wants, may be impossible if she can't figure out these new powers of hers.

At least she's not a nonhuman anymore... no, now she's an inhuman -and completely in love with the forbidden ancient creature.

.........................

Isn't this exciting?!? How fun does it really sound? I mean, WHAT is a nonhuman or inhuman? And she... changes?!! How? She gets new powers? And she can't use them? Why?

Awww! She fell in love! With who? Or should I ask what? Hehe, this sounds like so much fun! I can't wait for the rest of you to read it and tell me what you think. Does this tease you enough to crack the proverbial spine for a further peek?

I hope it attracts a few people who can help me publish it. Wish me luck!

...........................

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! It is intriguing!

    Also, sorry it has taken me so long to get on here. I've been reading your blog, but it wouldn't let me post. I've finally figured out the problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! It's great to see you here finally! I'm so glad you figured out the problem!

    And thanks! I've put a lot of time into the book. I can't wait until it pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait! I want to be the first to buy it...heck, I'd pay for it now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! That's the right attitude! I need more people to think like you okeypay!!!

    Yay that it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your teaser is still too long with too many details. Yes it is intriguing, yes I want to read it to find out what an inhuman and unhuman and what powers and who is this ancient creature and on and on.

    I gently suggest you look at the teasers on your favorite books. How did they hook you when you stood in the book store trying to decide if you wanted to buy it. Or stood in the library and tried to decide if you wanted to read it. Most teasers are very short.

    Look at the novels RD puts in their condensed books. They give one short paragraph to each book.

    I think this teaser might fit better on the inside flap. But for the back of the book, the one the searching shopper looks at, you really want a short grabber.

    Don't be mad, I'm going to send you an email with a condensed version of your teaser. See what you think.

    Love you and praying for your success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. It was interesting, Monalisa, but I don't think it is there yet. Closer, though. I also have been thinking for months now that I need to condense it and that's how I got here. I know I have a long way to go, but each new advancement makes me so excited I have to share it!

    I just haven't been able to do it practically yet!

    Those prayers will come in handy! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete