Thursday, November 5, 2009

I received another no.

Well, this one was more like a 'no not right now' kind of thing.

AN AGENT STOPPED BY MY SITE!!!!

This blog; right here! I wish wish wish! she would have posted her comment here, but it is in my email right now. I had forgotten I even queried her it has been so long..., September, actually since I queried her. I gave her this blog as is custom with new writers to show extra pieces they've written. My extras are these blogs.

Anyway, she also had my email, since it was an email query that I sent, and when she rejected me, it was not the usual form rejections she usually gives. I was pleased at least, for that.

Imagine my surprise when she casually mentions this blog! She loves the posts and thinks I have talent! I love praises!

She also likes the idea of my book, but says (and being that I sent her it in September I totally agree with her) that it needs to be refined and honed a bit. Since then, the first chapter has been so drastically changed that it is completely different to the one I sent her. So again, I agree.

She saw that I don't have very many followers. She understands that I have just opened this blog as I say it in my query.

In January she will return to see if those numbers are up. I have a deadline people!!! Ack!

Now I know that the numbers are all about how well my writing can sell. If I can do well on my own, she believes that with the proper publicity she will be able to do even better for me. It is all about money. I understand this.

So I am desperately asking you to find your friends, you family, your acquaintances and every homeless person to stop by briefly to post that they publicly follow me. I do not mind if you or they use nicknames, pseudonyms, or their cat's name, just please take up space over there! Its a numbers game, and if all else fails, then I will have this one agent come back in January to see great numbers. I really hope it doesn't come down to her, but at the same time I'm not going to ignore her precious advice!

I know hundreds of people. I have asked hundreds of people to help me. I have 23 precious followers that I am grateful for. Please lets get that number up a few hundred. I only have a few months. I want to get published. Will you help me?

So awful that I have to ask. So excited what it could mean if this works. And still anxious about that contest I entered yesterday. Many emotions. One novel completed.

Wish me luck. And to you precious angels out there willing to help... good luck to you, and please remember to have them post that they follow publicly. If they don't not even I will know they've visited.

I send you off with a near anxiety attack and lots of hope!

....................

2 comments:

  1. you sound excited (understandable) you sound desperate (also understandable) lol - invited a few to join. Hoping your dreams come true. Just remember, if it is meant to be, it will happen, in the meantime, you can only do what you are able to do. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that you invite a few to join! AWESOME!!!!

    I am grateful for all I have to keep me busy in the dreaded 'meantime'. And I'm a mother of two after all, so I definitely have a lot on my plate!

    I soooo hope my dreams come true!!!

    ReplyDelete