Tuesday, September 24, 2013

GrrrRibbit Haboob!

A publishing house for self publishing has contacted me. I am still not interested in doling out all that money for my books. I am seeking an agent to help me find a real publisher. My books are far too interesting to foot the bill myself.

My hands have gotten worse and worse with the EDS (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome). I wear fingerless gloves ALL the time now, even in 115 degree heat. My lips turn blue as if cold and so do my fingers and toes. Poor circulation? It's laughable for me until they start hurting from the cold. At that point I fish out the handheld heat packs to slip inside my gloves ;D Mmmm toasty! And yes, I actually HAVE used the warmers in 120 degree heat! Nice note, at least my lovely husband has no qualms about warming his wife's lips for her whenever she has need of it. After 11 and a half years of marriage it's nice to see that the romance continues!

My book GrrrRibbit! has become my most publishable story at the moment. Its a middle grade fiction that is very dear to my heart and actually starts in Arizona where I grew up. Haboobs are VERY frequent there and it was fun to write about one as I've experienced them for 22 years; about 3 times each summer at the very LEAST. I do hope to find publication for the book soon ^_^

Home life has improved now that I homeschool my daughters. My youngest can now read! It has been easier for all of us that she also doesn't vie away from reading anymore. She will be the first to say "That sign says:..." etc. It is SO wonderful compared to the shy, teary-eyed child struggling in public school. She especially loves reading MY books! She says they are scary and fun and awesome all at the same time. Ahh hope rewarded ^_^

Soon I hope everyone may be able to give such praises. Here's hoping someone picks me up!

Have a lovely day!




...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment